[SR-Users] segfault in siptrace module using setflag?

samuel samu60 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 11:00:28 CEST 2012

Hi folks,

I was making some tests with kamailio (both 3.3.0 and 3.3.1 tgz) with
siptrace module sending "homer" packets to a remote central agent where the
data is stored and presented to the user.

The related config is:
# ----- siptrace params from HOMER -----
modparam("siptrace", "duplicate_uri", "sip:A.B.C.D:9060")
modparam("siptrace", "trace_to_database", 0)
modparam("siptrace", "trace_flag", 22)
modparam("siptrace", "trace_on", 1)
#HEPv2 == timestamp will be included to HEP header
modparam("siptrace", "hep_version", 2)
modparam("siptrace", "hep_mode_on", 1)
modparam("siptrace", "hep_capture_id", 1)

basically for all incoming messages, a route is called with the following
actions:

route[HOMER] {
        setflag(22);
        sip_trace();
}

I've been making some tests and if I disable the setflag action, there is
no problem (well, no transaction messages are sent to the central agent),
but as soon as I activated setflag, kamailio crashes with the following
error:

<core> [pass_fd.c:293]: ERROR: receive_fd: EOF on 28

There's no concrete point in the config file where it fails so I think the
problem is more tm-internals related. I can provide further information in
case you need it.

Just for adding information, and without any intention to start a
flame-war, with opensips 1.8.0-tls the server does not crash...

Thanks in advance!
Samuel.