[SR-Users] Newbie question about RLS/XCAP/batch'd NOTIFYs

Peter Dunkley peter.dunkley at crocodile-rcs.com
Sat Oct 6 20:11:50 CEST 2012

Hi,

The correct way to do something like this is with a polled subscription.  Instead of sending a normal, dialog-forming, SUBSCRIBE from the client you send a single, out-of-dialog, SUBSCRIBE with an expires value of 0.  The server should then send a single NOTIFY containing the full set of presence information without creating a dialog (so no further NOTIFYs).

You can send these SUBCRIBEs at whatever frequency you require.

Unfortunately, Kamailio does not currently support polled subscriptions.

Regards,

Peter