[SR-Users] Kamailio HA with Virtual IP and multiple Asterisk servers for dispatching

Rumen Mihailov zealas1662 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 15:29:11 CET 2012

Hi all,

Please bear with me as this is my first post to a mailing list ever so
something might be quite wrong.

My question is: How do we make Kamailio HA ?

For the moment I’ve setup MySQL cluster with MySQL proxies that
provide 1 Virtual IP that I use to connect Kamailio to (for usrloc and
dispatcher)
I have a couple of asterisk servers that Kamailio servers are supposed
to send calls to.
I have two kamailio servers that share the same IP address with
keepalived. Both Kamailio servers are bind to the Virtual IP.

The problem is: When Kamailio 1 is active calls are correctly
dispatched to both the asterisk servers correctly.
When Kamailio 2 is active calls are only sent to one of the asterisk
servers. ‘kamctl dispatcher show’ shows the correct servers on both
machines.

The two Kamailio servers share EXACTLY the same config files.

Do you guys have any thoughts on this ?

p.s. Thank you for creating such a wonderful product. Thank you !!!

Best regards,
Rumen