[SR-Users] Debugging and syslog

Konstantin M. evilzluk at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 04:25:19 CET 2012

If you're running Debian - try out my solution:

1) Edit /etc/rsyslog.d/50-default.conf  (or /etc/rsyslog.conf, whatever are
located default values for *.*)
and change from:
auth,authpriv.*                 /var/log/auth.log
*.*;auth,authpriv.none          -/var/log/syslog

to:
auth,authpriv.*                 /var/log/auth.log
*.*;auth,authpriv.none,\
    local0.none     -/var/log/syslog

(just add local0.none)

2) Create new file: /etc/rsyslog.d/kamailio.conf:
local0.*                        -/var/log/kamailio/kamailio.log

3) Create log directory: # mkdir /var/log/kamailio/

4) Create log file: # touch /var/log/kamailio/kamailio.log

5) Restart rsyslog: # invoke-rc.d rsyslog restart

I have the following configuration of logging:
#!ifdef WITH_DEBUG
debug=4
log_stderror=yes
#!else