[SR-Users] Kamailio-Java Integration

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Sat Nov 24 23:32:35 CET 2012

On 11/24/2012 05:15 PM, ron.kamailio at mcleodnet.com wrote:

> I am looking for a way to integrate Java business logic with Kamailio to
> influence routing decisions, add/remove/modify headers, record
> accounting-related information, etc.  A while back there was a project
> named WeSIP, but it doesn’t appear to active anymore.

WeSIP does indeed seem defunct.

I suppose one option is to build a SIP redirect server using Java SIP
Servlets that pumps info back to Kamailio:

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E13153_01/wlcp/wlss40/javadoc/jsr289/index.html

... but then, one might ask, what do you need Kamailio for?  :-)

Otherwise, I can't readily think of any alternatives that strike me as
economical.  You could do any number of things, in principle, like write
a Kamailio module that talks over a network socket to Java middleware,
or use another embedded language/API Kamailio does actively support,
like Lua, to talk to your Java business layer.  However, I would guess
that is probably not cost-effective.

-- Alex

--
Alex Balashov - Principal