[SR-Users] reload to memory is much slower and has problms after upgrade to 3.3.2 and using mem_join=1

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 20:45:35 CET 2012

Hello,

On 11/20/12 7:34 PM, Uri Shacked wrote:
> Hi,
> can you be a litle more specific of the steps of the install and where
> do i make the changes?

in the source tree, edit the file Makefile.defs and set:

MEMDBG=1

then run:

make all
make install

> some words of what is the diff between f_malloc and q_malloc will be
> great :-).

q_malloc is more debugging purposes, keeping more information for each
chunk, therefore the overhead is a bit higher than with f_malloc, but
because keeps more details, it is faster to find the fragments that can
be joined.