[SR-Users] Returning problem

Moacir Ferreira moacirferreira at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 19 21:45:10 CET 2012

Hello, Reading the Upstart "very long cookbook" (http://upstart.ubuntu.com/cookbook/) a lot of things changes when using it. Trying to adapt the current init script I found that it is really "well conceived" meaning you can easily change several things if you use the "defaults" file. And this makes it quite dificult to replicate using Upstart. Now, I am not sure about what "features" should I really care when converting the existing init script to a new one. So can anyone help me here? What I need to know is what is, nowadays, what is relevant for a "good" Kamailio start script. So my questions are: - Should we keep the user, group, shared memory, package memory, etc. an adjustment to the start script to be configured by the "defaults" file?- The PID file is quite well controlled by Upstart to allow shutting down the service properly. Any reasonable reason to still define the PID file at Kamailio start? Very key: is this the right forum to put these questions or there is a more appropriated forum to do so? Cheers, MoacirDate: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 10:07:18 +0100