[SR-Users] RPC, XMLRPC or other

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 13:48:07 CET 2012

Hello,

On 11/12/12 10:02 AM, Kristofer Signer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to dig in to the kamailio XMLRPC interfaces and the
> limitations I read in
> http://www.kamailio.org/docs/modules/stable/modules/xmlrpc.html#xmlrpc.implementation.limitations
>
> is really a no go for us.
which one is a 'no go'? Nested structures are supported in the last
version, iirc, the readme does not seem to be updated for this case.

> For example, when to retrieve user locations and list of dialogs we
> get a xml document which is not so well formatted and we can not
> successfully parse it in an xmlrpc-parser.
>
> Is there other options for xmlrpc module?

If the body is not successfully parsed, it is a bug. The limitation is
about not supporting all the data types, but when a reply is xmlrpc
sent, it should be valid. Can you test it with 1-2 location records that
fail and post the xmrpc here as well as the log error messages from the
xml parser?

For example, siremis uses the xmlrpc interface and all is ok with
handling the replies. It uses a library from php pear.