[SR-Users] Kamailio not responding

Jeremy Ardley jeremy.ardley at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 23:05:01 CET 2012

On 11/07/2012 05:39 AM, kellon at sis-grenada.com wrote:
> I have recently installed kamailio on CentOS 6.3 and configured a couple of SIP phone Linksys and Grandstream to test inercommunication. The SIP-Server/ Kamailio server ha started and is listen on port 5060. The UA are sending registered message to the SIP Server but there is no response from the SIP server. I left the syslog at default but not seeing any messages on the /var/log/messages. Can someone tell me if I have missed some configuration information. Note: I registered two users 101 and 202 using the command kamctl add 101 101. Is it possible to check whether the Users added have been added to the system??. and does anyone have any idea how to to troubleshoot a response from the Server. I am using Wireshark to monitor communication between between UA and SIP Server

I have Kamailio running on Centos 6.3 with no issues. I run selinux as well.

One thing I have found is that kamailio will not start if the config
file is bad or there are stale pid or lock files. There is nothing
obvious but checking if there is a process is a start and looking at
/var/log/messages helps.