[SR-Users] Logging peer status

Niklas Larsson niklas at tese.se
Tue May 29 14:58:16 CEST 2012

Hi,

I'm coming from an asterisk background and are now using kamailio to
handle registration and load balancing.

In the asterisk world I added qualify=yes and listening on the AMI for
events when peer is registering / unregistering / peer goes unreachable
and reachable - then storing this info in a MySQL db to be displayed on
a web page for support etc. This works really nicely and I'm trying to
figure out how to do the same with kamailio and are able to generate an
event when a peer is registering (in the registry route using mqueue and
some lua magic). But can't find a way to get an event when an option
ping (nathelper module) is unsuccessful or when an location record has
expired(http://lists.kamailio.org/pipermail/users/2009-May/023270.html).

So my question is - how are you guys dealing with this? What have I missed?

/niklas