[SR-Users] Using Sip-Router Logging & Register Problem Problem

Faisal Yousuf faisal.yousuf at gmail.com
Tue May 29 08:02:09 CEST 2012

Hi Experts,
I am a newbee with SIP-Router/Kamailio - I installed Kamailio on a CentOS
5.5 VM - following the instructions from the following link

http://kb.asipto.com/kamailio:install:3.0.x-from-git-centos5x

Kamailio is installed & I can start kamailio deamon from service kamailio
start

However I also created two subscribers - but when I try to register my SIP
Phone (by setting Kamailio as the domain to register to) - I can see my
sip-phone sending the Register request to Kamailio (I put a tcpdump on the
kamailio machine to see sip-messages reaching the host) but I dont get any
response from Kamailio - so my sip phone reaches the 408 Registeration
Timeout state.

Now, I dont get any logs from Kamailio to know what is happening while my
phone is sending the register request - I tried to configure logging
following instructions from the following link

http://www.kamailio.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/utils:basic-syslog-configuration

But I dont get any logs in the /var/log/kamailio log file.

To assist in understanding the issue - I am attaching the syslog config ,
kamailio config file & the kamailio service script in the init.d folder.

My first objective will be to enable logging for kamailio & the next
objective is to get the basic registration & routing between endpoints - my
ultimate objective is to configure SER/Kamailio as a load-balancer for our
B2BUA & Media Servers (I found the dispatcher module can help in
accomplishing this) -  Can anybody help me in identifying why I am not
getting any logs ?
I have already seen the wiki & have developed some understanding regarding
how Kamailio is configured but am I seeking more information regarding the
route language - (the state-model + reference of the functions that can be
used in the route script etc.) - in this regards if I can get any
documentation pointers from the user community that can help me gain a
better understanding the use of Kamailio for above it will be great

Regards,
Faisal

Regards,
Faisal