[SR-Users] Hop by hop CANCEL, wrong to header

Vitaliy Aleksandrov vitalik.voip at gmail.com
Fri May 25 09:45:15 CEST 2012

Hello Daniel,

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry i have made a typo. If E2E_CANCEL_HOP_BY_HOP is defined then
e2e_cancel() from t_fwd.c calls cancel_branch() function for each branch
it found at a t_invite transaction.
Then if cfg_get(tm, tm_cfg, reparse_invite) is true cancel_branch()
calls build_local_reparse() which returns new CANCEL request buffer
based on outgoing INVITE, but with original To header.

I've searched a bit deeper and found that if E2E_CANCEL_HOP_BY_HOP is
not defined e2e_cancel() calls e2e_cancel_branch(), which then calls
build_local_reparse() like in previous description when
E2E_CANCEL_HOP_BY_HOP was defined.

So the main question is why does kamailio take "To" field from a
transaction cell and not from outgoing buffer like it does with other
headers ?

I'm using kamailio-3.0.2, but i have checked 3.2.2 sources and haven't
found any changes at the functions mentioned above.

Cheers,
Vitaliy Aleksandrov