[SR-Users] rtpproxy and timeout notification

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri May 25 00:26:45 CEST 2012

Hello,

On 5/24/12 11:36 AM, Laurent Schweizer wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I see the new timeout notification feature from the rtpproxy when no
> voice traffic is detected.

do you mean the patch from the rtpproxy module?

> I have 2 questions regarding this timeout notification:
>
> 1)When a timeout is detected  and kamailio send the BYE  is that
> possible to manipulate the BYE before he is sent to add maybe an extra
> header that indicate that the call was stopped due to a timeout issue ?

The attempts so far to get this done were by sending mi/rpc command to
dialog module, which can take a parameter with extra headers, see for
example:

http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/stable/modules_k/dialog.html#id2555056

> 2)If a user put the call on hold (with a=recvonly or maybe old way
> IP=0.0.0.0.0) what will happens (the music on hold is not generated by
> rtpproxy but by another server) ? he will detect this as a timeout ?
>
>                Is that possible to indicate to rtpproxy that for a
> moment stream will be only in one way ?

Personally I don't have the insights for these questions, maybe someone
else can answer. I expect there should be anyhow a timeout (maybe
higher) even for such case, not to get the endless call dead in on-hold
state.