[SR-Users] Question about more complicated rtpproxy scenario

Lukas Macura macura at opf.slu.cz
Wed May 23 01:53:43 CEST 2012

Hi to all,

please could somevody help me with more complicated rtpproxy scenario? I
still cannot understand how to make it working.

We have SBC based on kamailio 3.2.3. Everything seems to work until I
want to translate all SDP messages by SBC IP address (for both sides).
Moreover, I need to translate ipv4 to ipv6 and vice versa too.

I found some example script how to achieve ipv4 to ipv6 and vice versa
and I am tryinf to use it. It is relatively easy to translate all RFC
addresses to one public IP, but I need to translate even our public IPS
into SBC IP.

I made some rtpproxy sets:

modparam("rtpproxy", "rtpproxy_sock", "1 == udp:127.0.0.1:7722")
(EXTRA_OPTS="-l SBC_IP")
for internal net to external

modparam("rtpproxy", "rtpproxy_sock", "2 == udp:127.0.0.1:7723")
(EXTRA_OPTS="-l /SBC_IP -6 SBC_IP6")
for ipv4 to ipv6

modparam("rtpproxy", "rtpproxy_sock", "3 == udp:127.0.0.1:7724")
(EXTRA_OPTS="-l SBC_IP -6 /SBC_IP6")
for ipv6 to ipv4

modparam("rtpproxy", "rtpproxy_sock", "4 == udp:127.0.0.1:7725")
(EXTRA_OPTS="-l SBC_IP/SBC_IP)
for external to internal

but I cannot make it working. Either there are problems with
"incorrect port 0 in reply from rtp proxy"
or SDP gets malformed because of more times rtpproxy_manage().

Please can you help me with some basic hint, where into routing logic
put rtpproxy_manage() and set_rtpproxy_set() ? Moreover, how to check if
rtpproxy was already forced?

I could not find any example of forcing RTP proxy for all calls for both
sides. I need this because entire RTP traffic has to go across SBC. And
my internal IPs are not private.

Thank you for any hint,
Lukas Macura