[SR-Users] kamdbctl create changing mysql root password

Tim King tim.compnetwork at gmail.com
Tue May 15 19:15:52 CEST 2012

This is not the first time I have had this issue during installation, but
this time around I am having difficulty figuring out what I am doing wrong.
Mysql is up and working, and client works. I can connect to it with the
client and run queries without issue. When I run kamdbctl create I get the
following.

INFO: test server charset
INFO: creating database openser ...
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using
password: YES)
ERROR: Creating core tables failed!

It creates the database but than fails. From this point I can no longer
connect to mysql with what was my root password. I have to go through the
process of resetting my root password before I can log back into mysql. How
is this script chaning or corrupting my mysql root password?

This is the relevant content of my kamctlrc file:

# $Id$
#
# The Kamailio configuration file for the control tools.
#
# Here you can set variables used in the kamctl and kamdbctl setup
# scripts. Per default all variables here are commented out, the control
tools
# will use their internal default values.

## your SIP domain
SIP_DOMAIN=sbc.mydomain.net

## chrooted directory
# $CHROOT_DIR="/path/to/chrooted/directory"

## database type: MYSQL, PGSQL, ORACLE, DB_BERKELEY, DBTEXT, or SQLITE
# by default none is loaded
#
# If you want to setup a database with kamdbctl, you must at least specify
# this parameter.
DBENGINE=MYSQL

## database host
DBHOST=localhost

## database name (for ORACLE this is TNS name)
DBNAME=openser

# database path used by dbtext, db_berkeley or sqlite
# DB_PATH="/usr/local/etc/kamailio/dbtext"

## database read/write user
DBRWUSER=root

## password for database read/write user
DBRWPW="mypassword"

## database read only user
DBROUSER=root

## password for database read only user
DBROPW="mypassword"

## database super user (for ORACLE this is 'scheme-creator' user)
DBROOTUSER="root"