[SR-Users] kamailio debug send messages

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri May 11 09:30:50 CEST 2012

Hello,

On 5/9/12 11:45 PM, Bruno Bresciani wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Why kamailio send to syslog only received SIP messages? I want see
> the messages that kamailio send to the UAs, it's possible?
> On TCP/TLS SIP messages there is a degub of buffer with the message
> that will be send, but a strange content has been shown... following
> the log:
>
> *tcp_send: buf= ^W^C^A^B0HFCðg^W^R
> £MÃ<8f>C^U<8f>ÃQB^^,¼8ÃÃ^KZÃÃ|<97>¼zÃö<82>ìñÃ%sÃâ³g¿à
> S©<97>}y<91>.<94>ð¯ô<8f>Y¿¥µf<9d>ë<8f><9d>*
>
> My kamailio is version 3.1.2 and run with global parameter 'debug=3'
> and send the syslog messages.
debug messages printed to syslog from the source code are because the
developer needed/wanted them for troubleshooting.

As an admin, you have the option of using xlog to print what ever
messages you want. In 3.1.x there is onsend_route to see outgoing
requests via $snd(...) variable.

But if you want to get the sip traffic going through kamailio, better
use siptrace module which stores requests/replies in database table.