[SR-Users] Bug: Pua_reginfo

Gnaneshwar Gatla GGatla at InTouchHealth.com
Thu May 10 03:03:32 CEST 2012

Hello,
I have noticed that user records were not being correctly saved in the location table.
I have tried to fix this will the attached code.
This would fix reginfo_handle_notify() to store the user-record in the right format.

This fixes part of the problem, I'm still trying to fix the incorrect uri in the PUBLISH message generated by this module.
Regards,
Gnaneshwar Gatla | InTouch Health | Software Developer
6330 Hollister Ave. Goleta CA, 93117 | P: 805.562.8686 ext: 199

From: Gnaneshwar Gatla
Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2012 4:58 PM
To: SIP Router - Kamailio (OpenSER) and SIP Express Router (SER) - Users Mailing List
Cc: Carsten Bock (carsten at ng-voice.com)
Subject: Bug: Pua_reginfo

Hello all,
There seems to be an deadlock between registrar and pua_reginfo module whenever a SIP client refreshes its registration.

1.       The pua_reginfo does not publish Event:reg when a sip client registers for the first time.

2.       The pua_reginfo module does not use ul.lock_udomain() to lock the ul table to get the record.

3.       The pua_reginfo does not release the record that it accessed from ul.get_urecord()
Since the record is not released, when the client re-registers, the registrar module is unable to query for the userlocation and sends a 200 OK response with 0 bindings.
Which leads to no contact header in the response message and eventually deletion of the record in the location table(expires).

I have tried to fix this using lock_udomain, release_urecord and unlock_udomain, but failed to rectify the error.

The deadlock happens in modules_k/usrloc/udomain.c (db_load_urecord()).
if (ul_dbf.query(_c, keys, 0, vals, columns, (use_domain)?2:1, 13, order,
                                &res) < 0)

My Question:

1.       is pua_reginfo supposed to delete record from location database and send the same data to a presence server?

a.       If above is true, then should the registrar module insert a new record in the location table?

b.      If above is false, the registrar module should be able to refresh/update the record in the location table.

This error is also impacts pua_usrloc module too as it cannot access the record and sends creates an incorrect uri.

Help:
I'm new and learning how Kamailio works, is there a clean way that pua_reginfo module gets the record?