[SR-Users] Problem with parallel forking of aliases

x-kamailio at sidell.org x-kamailio at sidell.org
Wed May 9 16:14:46 CEST 2012

Greetings,

I'm having trouble getting parallel forking to work with aliasdb. I'm
running kamailio 3.2 with the standard kamailio.cfg script.

I have found that if an alias points to a set of addresses that all
reference local devices that are registered with the server, kamailio
sends an invitation to the first device in the set (the one that the
aliasdb lookup function sets to the ruri, but does *not* invite any of
the other devices in the set, which aliasdb adds as branches.

However, if one of the other aliases points to a non-local address,
such as a PSTN address, kamailio does correctly invite the non-local
address in parallel with the first alias address, which is a local
device.

It seems as if kamailio is ignoring invitations that it is in effect
sending to itself via the additional parallel branches. I would expect
that to call a branch in parallel, kamailio would need to do a lookup
on the branch address and rewrite it to send the invitation to the
registered device. But none of that seems to be happening.

There must be some additional configuration change required to make
this work. Any suggestions?

--
Mark Sidell
Partner