[SR-Users] kamailio and openser

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue May 1 13:34:08 CEST 2012

Hello,

openser is the old name for kamailio (it was used up to version 1.3.x,
starting with 1.4.0, kamailio replaced openser due to trademark
infringement claims from an US company). Ubuntu still ships an old
version, but it is not recommended to start new deployments with such
old versions.

Latest Kamailio has lot of new features and many improvements. Ubuntu
12.04 is very new and we haven't started packaging for it, but will
happen in the near future as is it a LTS.

If you are familiar with the debian packaging system, you can try to
clone and adapt spec files from pkg/kamailio/debian/lucid with new
dependencies and then build the debs.

Alternative is to install from sources:

http://www.kamailio.org/wiki/install/3.2.x/git

It should compile fine, at least the core and common used modules.