[SR-Users] uac with more then one target?

Andreas Granig agranig at sipwise.com
Wed Mar 28 14:47:40 CEST 2012

Hi Karsten,

On 03/28/2012 12:52 PM, Karsten Horsmann wrote:
> Now some ask if we can act as UAC to get calls from them, for example
> authenticate
> to sipgate and feed the landline calls to our ivr system via kamailio.
>
> AFAIK the module UAC provides only one pair of user/password credentials.

I've never used UAC for authentication, but from the docs you can use
AVPs to set your credentials:
http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/3.2.x/modules_k/uac.html#auth-username-avp-id

So you'd fill that AVPs properly before doing the auth.

> Is that right? Have i here a chance to do the job with kamailio or
> must i use an second
> voip system for that?

In our sip:provider CE platforms we use Kamailio purely as a proxy and
use SEMS for that kind of things instead. You can provide peer
authentication credentials for subscribers, and SEMS will register in
their behalf on a 3rd-party-system. Then when a call comes in, kamailio
will map these for example sipgate-users to the local subscribers and
will deliver the call to whatever the routing logic is. Works like charm.

Andreas