[SR-Users] Passwords in Kamailio user table are not encrypted.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 11:02:12 CEST 2012

Hello,

there is no problem to store only ha1 and ha1b -- adjust the values of
auth_db module parameters.

For kamctl, you can just set STORE_PLAINTEXT_PW=0 in kamctlrc and no
text password should be stored.

On 3/27/12 10:32 AM, Albert Petit wrote:
> good morning
>
> When provisioning subscriebrs to Kamailio with the kamctl tool i see
> the passwords are stored in clear on the database. For my use-case I
> would not like to have that passwords in clear on the db.
>
> What can I do to avoid this problem?  Should I provision the users in
> a different way and not using kamctl tool or configure kamailio
> differently?
>

> If there is no way to achieve this would be dangerous if I edit the
> kamctl tool so it does not store any value on the password column and
> just store HA and HA1B values?
>

> BR,

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio Advanced Training, April 23-26, 2012, Berlin, Germany
http://www.asipto.com/index.php/kamailio-advanced-training/