[SR-Users] Kamailio Load Testing

Uri Shacked ushacked at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 14:56:46 CEST 2012

Hi,

I made these kinds of tests before. I have two tips for you to pay
attention to:

1.      Read about the [routes] on SIPp, It is tricky to satisfy kamailio
with SIPp scenarios.

2.      Make sure your DB table is well build (use less varchars and more
integers).

I found out that there are many kamailio modules I can use to load data in
to memory and I hardly use the DB (only for ACC). I use MTREE, HTABLE,
DIALPLAN, CARRIERROUTE, DROUTING, and so to store the information I need.
And I get it with the simple functions of the module.

I load around 6 million numbers and other data which takes about 1.5 Gb of
the memory.

For getting around the real-time changes that I need to deal with (In DB
the data changes are immediately made on your service…). I have a RTIMER
every 120 sec that check is a reload is needed. If so, it reloads the
relevant data (very fast).

BR,

Uri

Hello,

On 3/20/12 12:12 PM, Stephen Dodge (Bistech) wrote:
>*
*>* Hello,
*>*
*>* I am running Kamailio 3.1.5 with a MySQL backend on CentOS.   A
*>* connection to MySQL (an off box MySQL cluster) is required for every
*>* call, sqlops is used to determine destinations and acc to record CDR
*>* information.
*>*
*>* I am planning to load test our server using SIPp to generate calls, I
*>* was wondering if anyone has done something similar and could provide
*>* advice on what we should monitor on our Kamailio Server.  i.e Server
*>* CPU & Memory
*>*
*>* Thanks in advance for your help.
*>*
*if you do a lot of direct DB interactions, perhaps latency of the
queries will be relevant. You can use benchmark module to see how long
it takes to execute part of the config file.

I think you don't fetch lot of records from db in config, so memory
should be no problem, however you can dump private/shared memory usage
via RPC commands within sercmd cli. CPU is a good metric always and easy
to watch with systems tools.

>*
*>* Steve.
*