[SR-Users] Authentication on loose_route();

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Fri Mar 23 23:34:05 CET 2012

Clearly, you can only authenticate sequential requests corresponding to calls whose initial requests were subject to authentication. If the initial request was not authenticated, there is no reason to believe that the endpoint would support authentication of sequential requests.

As to whether you should do this, that is a controversial matter.  I suppose that the security-maximising approach would be to challenge all requests, but it invites problems with many endpoints.

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC