[SR-Users] memory allocation failure while reading ca_list

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 11:14:15 CET 2012

On 3/19/12 12:59 PM, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Daniel-Constantin Mierla writes:
>
>> I guess it is loaded two time, for the server and client profiles. Try
>> to set it via dedicated module parameter and see if you get better
>> memory usage:
>>
>> http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/stable/modules/tls.html#ca_list
> i tried and it turned out that it is not possible to mix and match tls
> config file and module params.  if config file param file is given, then
> mod param ca_list is ignored.
right, would have been hard to distinguish if one wants to use default
one or none at all when ca_list is not specified in the server profile.

Maybe we can improve a bit in the way that if there are same ca_list and
crl path, to load once and do references from the other profiles. I
don't know if there is lot of coding, but should be kept in mind for
future optimizations. Perhaps could be added in the tracker not to
forget about.

> also, it looks like it is not possible to share the same ca_list between
> different tls.cfg sections, but each section needs to have its own
> ca_list entry, which then increases memory requirement.
At some point I thought about having a global section, for fallback
purposes, like if not specified per server, use global options. But then
gets into the issue presented in previous paragraph -- how to specify
not to use one at all for some servers.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio Advanced Training, April 23-26, 2012, Berlin, Germany
http://www.asipto.com/index.php/kamailio-advanced-training/