[SR-Users] AVPs in timer-route

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 23:36:53 CET 2012

Hello,

On 3/20/12 8:13 PM, Klaus Darilion wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I wonder what happens to AVPs defined in a route which is executed by
> rtimer?
>
> It seems (tests on Kamailio 1.5) that the AVPs, once they are defined,
> they life forever. This would be fine for my application.
>
> Are there any issues when using AVPs in timer routes?
there is no issue using avps in rtimer routes. Those routes process a
faked sip message, which does not change, just the internal id is
increased. AVPs live for ever because they are cleaned up after a
received messages is processed, but in this case there is no received
context. It can be added to reset avps in rtimer module.

On the other hand, avps are usually useful in context of a real sip
message. Why you need them in a timer route?

> Thanks
> Klaus

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio Advanced Training, April 23-26, 2012, Berlin, Germany
http://www.asipto.com/index.php/kamailio-advanced-training/