[SR-Users] need help for newbie in Kamailio

SamyGo govoiper at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 07:35:52 CET 2012

Hi,

Yes that is the behaviour when the media isn't flowing through a regulatory
tool (in-terms it sees the media and know call is actually going on
rtpproxy/media-proxy)  but in the absence of any such tool SIP server is
not aware that the call-media is still in progress or is dead ! so it
always assume that the call is active and hence the BYE signals are never
originated from server end to shutdown the call.

I am definitely not an expert but I am guessing that dialogue module do
some keepalive tests for an ongoing session and not sure what it do if
either end fails to respond !!

Regards,
Sammy