[SR-Users] Unsuccessful call using DRouting - Request Timeout

Fatima Chahrour~Vanrise Support fchahrour at vanrise.com
Mon Mar 19 16:39:25 CET 2012

Dears,

I started my lab on VMware (debian lenny) where I installed Kamailio 3.2 and
started drouting configuration.

I'm using 2 PCs each having an x-lite softphone and the Kamailio on the
vmware all connected locally. My primary test is to make a call from x-lite
on PC (192.168.111.11) to x-lite on PC (192.168.111.226) through Kamailio\
drouting modules (192.168.111.139).

What is happening is that when I call 9611558800, for example, am getting
'Calling' message on PC x-lite followed by 'Call Failed: Request Timeout'
after a certain time.

Attached is my routing logic script, and ngrep for the call that is failing.

And my dr_tables data is :

dr_rules: 4, '0', '9611', '', 0, '', '#3', 'Lebanon Fix'

dr_gw_lists: 3, '5', 'Test Call'

dr_groups: 3, '.*', '.*', 0, 'Everyone'

dr_gateways: 5, 1, '192.168.111.226', 0, '', '', 2, 'PC1'

I tried adding port number to the gateways, remove '#' and add 5 in the
dr_rules, remove the "0" from do_routing in the script, but with no success.

Reading some related documents and books, I found that all scenarios using
drouting have gateways as media servers (Asterisks) . So my question: is
this a must, to have a media proxy even using my above primary enviroment?

If not, can you please help me finding my mistake that prohibit the call's
success(ringing)?

Thanks in advance.

F.Chahrour