[SR-Users] XMPP module not passing subscribes coming from xmpp side

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 15:16:25 CET 2012

Hello,

I just committed on master branch a patch that should allow addresses in
straight 'username at domain' format, meaning that the delimiter-like
addresses will not be used, working for the case you do SIP-XMPP
gatewaying only for your local SIP users.

There is a new parameter, gwmap, that will allow mapping sip domains to
xmpp domains. If the gwmap parameter is not set, the old addressing mode
is used -- see README for more details.

I had no testbed to play with it so far, but at least it compiles. If
you can give it a try and report the results, would be appreciated. The
xmpp module should work on 3.2, by just copying the version from master
branch, if this helps you testing it easier.

On 3/12/12 4:04 PM, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
> Hello,
>
> thanks for writing back. The addressing pattern should be made
> configurable, so it will work with normal uris for local service --
> maybe it will be added before next major release, let's see how the
> time allows it.
>
> Cheers,
> Daniel
>
> On 3/12/12 12:55 PM, Dan-Cristian Bogos wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> For the sake of archiving, this issue was solved.
>> The problem was not on Kamailio side but user one (I was only using
>> one domain on the XMPP side, without adding the sip part in the to
>> field of xmpp). After inserting it correctly, I have now presence as
>> well as txt messages passing through the gateway smooth.
>>
>> DanB

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio Advanced Training, April 23-26, 2012, Berlin, Germany
http://www.asipto.com/index.php/kamailio-advanced-training/