[SR-Users] message offline store questions...

Krishna Kurapati kkurapat at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 14:58:59 CET 2012

Hi,

I am using msilo module to store offline message. I am sending back "202
pending" when the message is stored (m_store)
However, when I message delivered (m_dump), how do I inform the sender that
the message is successfully
delivered? Also, how do I handle if the sender if offline when I try to
inform about the delivery of the message. I think I need
offline notify store to handle this condition. Instead of removing the
message from the silo table upon receipt of 200 OK
from the receiver, I am thinking keep the message there until the NOTIFY is
successfully delivered to the sender. In effect,
the silo table in the database function as offline message and notify
store.

I reviewed module_k/msilo source code, and the functionality that I need
seems missing. I am thinking of two
approaches.

1) Extend the msilo module to implement the feature, if more people need
it, then I can submit the changes.

2) Write sqlops + lua script to address the missing function.

In either case, I am thinking of storing the callid of the original message
(possibly in silo table?) in the database
and sending the NOTIFY with the callid to the sender.

I would like to extend the silo table with two columns:

1. the callid of the message
2. flags to indicate status of the delivery of the message.

Appreciate your comments, suggestions and alternatives.

Thanks
Krish Kura