[SR-Users] Advice on placement of t_replicate (REGISTER)

Asgaroth 00asgaroth00 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 15:48:56 CET 2012

Hi Guru's,

I'd just like some advice on t_replace and its placement in the routing
script.

A lot of examples show the following setup:

save("location");
t_replicate("backup_server");

Would it not be wiser to have something like:

if (save("location")) {
   t_replcate("backup_server");
}

Would there be any scenario where you would want to t_replicate if
save("location") fails for some reason? The configuration I refer to is
if the location database is in memory. I suspect you may want to
replicate all if location is going to db core in case of external
failure. But would it matter on the placement if the location was in memory?

Thanks