[SR-Users] disptacher failover

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 09:52:57 CET 2012

Hello,

it is a matter of the used dispatching algorithm. For a call, first gateway
based on algorithm is selected and the rest, starting with the next, are
added in a list of avps to be used for failover purposes.

So if you do round robin and one gw is down, if you don't mark it as
inactive, 2 calls are going to the next one after the one that is done and
1 call to the third gw, and so on.

> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Imagine a dispatcher list with 3 entries. I wonder what happens if one of
> the targets fail. Is the traffic moved evenly to the remaining 2 nodes or
> is the whole traffic of the broken node moved to one of the nodes?
>
> I took a quick look at the code and it seems that the whole traffic is
> moved to the next node in the list (i=i+1):
>
>        while (ds_skip_dst(idx->dlist[i].**flags))
>        {
>                if(ds_use_default!=0 && idx->nr!=1)
>                        i = (i+1)%(idx->nr-1);
>                else