[SR-Users] Building Up a Kamailio Server

Faisal Rehman faisal.rehman22 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 3 12:27:42 CET 2012

Hi Daniel,

Okay I got it that Kamailio is a SIP server so it means that it can not behave as an independent XMPP server & for this I have to install a separate XMPP server like you've mentioned Jabber or something right?

Do I need to have MySQL support for the project that I want to do or it will be okay without it? I have seen some configuration for configuring Kamailio as a gateway which you can see below:

modparam("xmpp", "domain_separator", "*")
modparam("xmpp", "gateway_domain", sip-xmpp.kamailio.org")
modparam("xmpp", "xmpp_domain", xmpp-sip.kamailio.org")
modparam("xmpp", "xmpp_host", xmpp.kamailio.org")
modparam("xmpp", "backend", component")

if (uri =~ "sip:.+ at sip-xmpp\.openser\.org")) {
  #absorb transmission
if (!t_newtran()){
sl_reply_error();
exit;
}

#Handling Instant Messaging
if (is_method("MESSAGE")){
xlog("message to XMPP: from <$fu> ru>\n");
if (xmpp_send_message()){
sl_send_reply("202", "Accepted");
} else {
sl_send_reply("404", "Not found");
}
exit;
   }
#Un-supported Type of SIP Message
xlog(“message to XMPP: method [$rm] not supported yet\n");
sl_send_reply("503", "Service unavailable");
exit;
}

Regards,

Faisal Rehman