[SR-Users] Binding arbitrary TLS socket

Andreas Granig agranig at sipwise.com
Thu Jun 28 16:41:13 CEST 2012

On 06/28/2012 04:35 PM, Andreas Granig wrote:
> Got some problems when I tried this, not sure how this is intended to work:
>
> listen=tls:192.168.51.133:4343
>
> When starting kamailio 3.3, I get the following error:
>
> ERROR: <core> [tcp_main.c:2915]: ERROR: tcp_init: bind(10,
> 0x7f5eea45db24, 16) on 192.168.51.133:4343 : Address already in use
> ERROR: tls [tls_init.c:314]: Error while initializing TCP part of TLS
> socket 192.168.51.133:4343
>
> What works though is if I explicitely bind a TCP socket one port below
> the TLS socket, like this:
>
> listen=tcp:192.168.51.133:4342
> listen=tls:192.168.51.133:4343
>
> Is this how it's intended to work? Is there a specific reason for this
> behavior?

Hmmmm, tried playing around with odd and even ports for tls, and now it
also works with the original approach from above (binding to TLS without
binding a TCP socket one port below that).

Maybe there was something wrong with my system somewhere (an old socket
still in use or something, although netstat didn't show up anything).
Does kamailio reuse old sockets for TCP/TLS?

Andreas