[SR-Users] Question about git update

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 09:08:02 CEST 2012

Hello,

On 6/26/12 10:47 PM, Ricardo Martinez wrote:

> Hello.
>
> Can someone help me on how to update a module patch using GIT?
>
> I need to update the module dialog.....
>
> Currently I have the directory
>
> /usr/local/src/kamailio-3.2
>
> And under  this I have
>
> kamailio/
>
> all this was created using :
>
> git clone --depth 1 git://git.sip-router.org/sip-router
> <http://git.sip-router.org/sip-router> kamailio
>
>   cd kamailio
>
>   git checkout -b 3.2 origin/3.2
>
> I'll appreciate any help.

perhaps you look for git cherry-pick command, to get a commit from a
branch to another one, some guidelines exemplified with 3.2 at:

http://www.kamailio.org/wiki/devel/backporting-to-3.2.x

It is working only if that commit was not already
backported/cherry-picked to that branch, otherwise will get conflicts.

You can pull only master branch instead of all origin branches, in this
way the 3.2 branch will not be updated from remote.

Kamailio Advanced Training, Seattle, USA, Sep 23-26, 2012 - http://asipto.com/u/katu
Kamailio Practical Workshop, Netherlands, Sep 10-12, 2012 - http://asipto.com/u/kpw