[SR-Users] A question about installing kamalio

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 08:51:30 CEST 2012

Hello,

On 6/27/12 3:46 PM, Aurel Sandu wrote:
> Hello all of you,
> I tried to install kamallio 3.3 version released a couple days ago . I
> followed the steps mentioned here
> https://www.kamailio.org/wiki/install/3.3.x/git
> Everything works fine until I have to create mysql database .
> Everything goes fine until I have to install mysql database (step 7) :
> I run "sudo /usr/local/sbin/kamdbctl create" for database creation but
> I get this :
>
> INFO: test server charset
> /usr/local/lib/kamailio//kamctl/kamdbctl.mysql: line 105: mysql:
> command not found
> /usr/local/lib/kamailio//kamctl/kamdbctl.mysql: line 106: mysql:
> command not found
> Usage: grep [OPTION]... PATTERN [FILE]...
> Try `grep --help' for more information.
> /usr/local/lib/kamailio//kamctl/kamdbctl.mysql: line 112: [: =: unary
> operator expected
> INFO: creating database openser ...
> /usr/local/lib/kamailio//kamctl/kamdbctl.mysql: line 71: mysql:
> command not found
> ERROR: Creating core database and grant privileges failed!
>

> It seems that mysql -serverside- is not installed (my opinion ...)
> .What do you think?
> Many Thanks,
> Aurel
>
> ps: please excuse me if this is not right forum for this question but
> I did not find the right one ....
this is the right forum.

It seems that you don't have mysql-client package installed. You should
get the 'mysql' command line tool to connect to the server

Kamailio Advanced Training, Seattle, USA, Sep 23-26, 2012 - http://asipto.com/u/katu
Kamailio Practical Workshop, Netherlands, Sep 10-12, 2012 - http://asipto.com/u/kpw