[SR-Users] default kamailio configuration

Vitaliy Aleksandrov vitalik.voip at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 14:44:13 CEST 2012

Hi All,

After reading default kamailio configuration i can't understand why does
kamailio remove preloaded route headers from the incoming initial INVITE
before calling record_route().

remove_hf("Route");
if  (is_method("INVITE|SUBSCRIBE"))
		record_route();

What will happen if an INVITE comes from another SIP proxy which wants
to stay in the middle of the dialogue ?

For example, during Re-INVITE UA from our local site will construct
in-dialog INVITE with R-URI taken from the remote contact and send it to
our local proxy according to RR. Local proxy will process it in
route[WITHNDLG] where loose_route() function will remove top most RR
header because it points to us and since there is no more RR records
forward the request to a destination from the R-URI.  As i understand in
that case remote proxy will not receive any in-dialog requests from us.