[SR-Users] Geographically Distributed Active Sites/Servers

SamyGo govoiper at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 10:11:11 CEST 2012

Hello,

I've been pondering over an architecture of distributed VoIP services on
different geographic regions. I'm sure its nothing new and there are lots
of guys have ideas to share.

There are multiple SIP enabled Regions/locations, each has its own media
services and full services capability. Now Imagine I've unique SIP users
registering on each Region. What I want to achieve is as follows:

1- User A from Region-A dials User-B registering on Region-C
2- Region-A inquires all Regional-Nodes and in response only one Regional
Node (Region-C) raises hand that it has this particular user registered.
3- Upon this reply Region-A Kamailio relays the call to Region-C kamailio
and we get a successful call.

The SIP users are mobile and can register to different regions depending
upon their location so thats why I need step-2.
Offline SIP user's will be handled by the destination number area code and
routed to the closest serving VoIP region.

How can  we use the new modules like DMQ or Presence to achieve this !1

Regards,
Sammy Go.