[SR-Users] Alias possible for presence...

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 11:42:20 CEST 2012

Hello,

On 6/20/12 9:19 AM, Gertjan Wolzak wrote:

> Well, the account name is not public, but I would like to have the
> possibility to have a "private" account for registering and a
> "public"account to publish.
>
> The goal is to have others to be able to send messages to your
>  "public" id,  while you log in with your  "private" id.

most of user agent have two fields, one to be used as SIP id and another
one for authentication id.

> I know, think the next step is to get an communicator that has that
> possibility.....
>
> So I want to be able to publish the "public" account and not the
> "private" one.
>
> For example:
>
> I register to the presence server with uid gertjan and my password,
> but I want to be known to others as newbie.
>
> So my friend can send an invitation/message to newbie as well as to
> gertjan .
>
> Just like the db_alias which is used in the kamalio for linking sip
> accounts to aliases.

For presence, people have to subscribe to a SIP id, in this case it your
public ID known by everybody.

The easiest will be that the user agent will publish in behalf of the
public id. But ultimately, you can replace the values in headers and xml
body (see textops/xmlops functions), then do presence handling, after
applying the changes to the message (see textopsx module).