[SR-Users] kamailio core request dropping - no reply

Uri Shacked ushacked at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 06:56:25 CEST 2012

I do get the parse error.
Still, I think that even if kamailio stoped processing the request, an
error reply should be sent back the the request sender, no?
Something like - 501 ??

>I think in such cases you get a "parse error" in the log. Do you?
>If yes, then Kamailio stops processing the packet and no reply is sent.
>
>Reda

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 7:10 PM, Uri Shacked <ushacked at
gmail.com<http://lists.sip-router.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sr-users>>
wrote:

>* OK understood.
*>* I tried with no "TO" header as well, and still no error reply....
*>* Is there suppose to be a reply from core?
*>*
*>* On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 4:12 PM, Andrew Pogrebennyk <
*>* apogrebennyk at
sipwise.com<http://lists.sip-router.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sr-users>>
wrote:
*>*
*>>*  On 06/19/2012 02:06 PM, Uri Shacked wrote:
*>>* > I am testing kamailio replies when an INVITE or another request
arrives
*>>* > with lets say, "VIA" header missing....
*>>* > The core drops the request. But, there is no reply for the originator
*>>* > (so it keep on resending the request...)
*>>*
*>>* If there was no Via header, the recipient would have no way to know
*>>* where to send the response.
*>>*
*>*
*