[SR-Users] Architecture

Uriel Rozenbaum uriel.rozenbaum at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 15:37:14 CEST 2012

Hey guys,

I'm trying to plan a deployment for a couple thousands of users. As we are
facing now some issues for scaling, I'd like to make a modular architecture
in order to add a server when needed.

I was thinking about N+1 Kamailio Proxies to Register customers and handle
the border of the network, 1+1 Redirect servers so internal Network
Elements can "find" the right Proxy to terminate a call. Customers would
use DNS SRV to decide which Proxy to send a REGISTER and then send INVITES
to that same proxy.

As we have a private core network addressing, I'm thinking I'll have an
Asterisk farm in order to perform media handling.

Do you have some recommendation or guidelines for this deployment?

Thanks!
Uriel