[SR-Users] About xcap xuid in kamailio

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 12:10:57 CEST 2012

Hello,

On 6/12/12 11:28 AM, Min Wang wrote:
> Hi
>     I am trying to use kamailio xcap server, saw the sample code:
>

>      if($xcapuri(u=>xuid)=~"^sip:.+ at .+")
>             $var(uri) = $xcapuri(u=>xuid);
>         else
>             $var(uri) = "sip:"+ $xcapuri(u=>xuid) + "@" + $Ri;
>

>     why should the xuid  have sip:xx at domain.com format?
>
>     The xcap standard seems does not enforce the format on the xui part?
>
>    http://xcap.example.com/root/resource-lists/users/joe
>    |-------------v-------------||------v------||---v---|
>           document root               AUID        XUI

the xuid is not not changed -- $var(uri) is built out of it to get to a
SIP address (for a coherent format with xuid with or without domain
part), but in database the xcap uri is stored as received.

In sip, the user id is email-like address, some functions required that,
so if the domain part is missing, then the local ip is used.

Have you encountered some problem due to this thing or is some field in
database stored with wrong value?

Kamailio Advanced Training, Seattle, USA, Sep 23-26, 2012 - http://asipto.com/u/katu
Kamailio Practical Workshop, Netherlands, Sep 10-12, 2012 - http://asipto.com/u/kpw