[SR-Users] sipcapture logging

Konstantin M. evilzluk at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 11:54:35 CEST 2012

Hello Daniel,

No I don't want to store in pcap format, I have it already.
I would like to have a text logs instead of database.

About log format, I would like to have a functionality like log4cpp, for
example:

# Call Logging
log4cplus.appender.CALL_LOG_APPENDER=log4cplus::NullAppender
log4cplus.appender.CALL_LOG_APPENDER.Directory=logs/call-logs
log4cplus.appender.CALL_LOG_APPENDER.ImmediateFlush=true
log4cplus.appender.CALL_LOG_APPENDER.layout=log4cplus::PatternLayout
log4cplus.appender.CALL_LOG_APPENDER.layout.ConversionPattern=%D{%Y-%m-%d

I'm a very curious why we still have so absolete logging system ? There are
too many cute logging frameworks.
Why we don't switch to some soft of log4c or log4cpp ?