[SR-Users] BYE Race Condition

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 10:03:11 CEST 2012

Hello,

first, such race can happen always and it is ok from sip rfc point of
view. The carrier UA should have received the BYE from the other side
and close the dialog, then ignore the rest. So it is a broken UA
implementation imo.

Let's say you just drop the 481, then the BYE will time out (408)? Is
the carrier UA still complaining? You can make a failure route for BYE
and if it is 481, then use t_reply("408", "Timeout") if that makes the
UA happier.

Kamailio Advanced Training, Seattle, USA, Sep 23-26, 2012 - http://asipto.com/u/katu
Kamailio Practical Workshop, Netherlands, Sep 10-12, 2012 - http://asipto.com/u/kpw