[SR-Users] GRUU support in Kamailio

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 15:28:06 CEST 2012

Hello,

On 7/11/12 3:18 PM, Olle E. Johansson wrote:
> Hey,
> Been trying to understand the GRUU support in Kamailio. I see that the registrar saves sip.instance - but I don't see any functions to generate gruu URIs or store them. A public GRUU is valid forever for a sip.instance and should propably be saved into some sort of database table. A temporary GRUU is only valid for as long as a device registers with the same Call-ID.
>
> Please give me pointers to what I have missed!
if you follow the git log for registrar and usrloc module during 3.3
development you will spot quicker the related parts of code.

The public gruu is built based on sip.instance value, as recommended by
rfc, therefore is no need to store anything else.

The temp gruu is the ruid (record unique id) value plus the hash code of
the aor - ruid is uniquely generated using the code from internal
libutils/sruid.{c,h}
Using these approaches, the gruu addresses are built reusing some values
from the location records, no need for special tables.

Kamailio Advanced Training, Seattle, USA, Sep 23-26, 2012 - http://asipto.com/u/katu
Kamailio Practical Workshop, Netherlands, Sep 10-12, 2012 - http://asipto.com/u/kpw