[SR-Users] usrloc concurrency

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 08:58:57 CEST 2012

Hello,

On 7/10/12 1:19 PM, Alex Balashov wrote:
> On 07/10/2012 06:21 AM, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
>
>> I asked also on devel list, but no follow up there, so here again for
>> the sake of going on with the conversation on this forum:
>>
>> Is this like blocking or just not writing to db, but in memory
>> everything is ok?  iirc, all db failed operations should be reported as
>> error to syslog, do you get any?
>
> Sorry Daniel, I must have missed your reply on the devel list!  My
> apologies.
>
> To answer your questions:
>
> 1) Yes, this is just not writing to the DB; there is no evidence of
> blocking, nor evidence of database impact outside of usrloc. All other
> DB-backed modules write fine.
>
> 2) Yes, the contact bindings are stored in memory, so everything
> "works".  However, certain internal needs rely on being able to see
> the bindings in the DB.
>
> 3) No DB or other complaints from Kamailio internally in syslog.
>
> The next logical step would be to turn up debug logs, but the problem
> is that this issue is extremely difficult to consistently reproduce,
> which makes me think there is some sort of exotic race condition afoot.
is it sporadically, only for few records, or once it started is for all
records? Do you have small max registration interval?

Anything particular in database server logs?

You can eventually enable logging of sql queries in the database server
and see if they get to the server or not. Alternative is to capture the
traffic to the database if it is over the net.

Kamailio Advanced Training, Seattle, USA, Sep 23-26, 2012 - http://asipto.com/u/katu
Kamailio Practical Workshop, Netherlands, Sep 10-12, 2012 - http://asipto.com/u/kpw