[SR-Users] How to proxy/authenticate on third party sip server?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 18:37:08 CEST 2012

Hello,

On 7/6/12 7:59 PM, intel at intrans.baku.az wrote:
> Can anybody help me with configuration kamailio to authenticate call on
> 3rd party server?
>
> I want to authenticate(and proxy) call's on other server.
>
> for example, user A have account on my server(let it be A at myserver.com)
> and account on other server (let it be AA at hisserver.com)
> myserver.com keeps A's credentials for AA at hisserver.com
> when A is registered on myserver.com, he make call to B at othersip.com
> (using myserver.com as a proxy)
> Kamailio on myserver authenticate itself on hisserver as AA at hisserver.com,
> makes call to destination, and connect it to A.
>
> How can I setup kamailio for such behavior?
> Which module should I use?
> UAC seems can authenticate on another server, but I don't sure that it do
> what I want. (I've tried it, but without much success)
indeed, the uac module is the one that can provide what you want, with
some limitations in regard to cseq incrementation. You have to set a
failure route and if the reply code is 407, the sent the realm/username
and password to the avps specified by the appropriate module parameters
-- the next tree at:

  *
http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/stable/modules_k/uac.html#auth-realm-avp-id

Then call uac_auth() and relay again.