[SR-Users] [newbie] questions

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Tue Jan 31 01:08:53 CET 2012

Come on, let's be reasonable here.  People are very helpful here and
do volunteer a great deal of time to help others solve their problems,
but ultimately, people have jobs and there are only so many hours in
the day.

I agree that the original post is well-thought out, extensive and
structured, and certainly more precise and articulate than most of the
"tell me everything I need to know!" posts we get here.  And
certainly, that does not go unnoticed or unappreciated.  Nevertheless,
to give proper treatment to all the questions posed, and to do so in a
way that adequately resolves the conceptual dependencies on which a
thorough, applied understanding of the answers is predicated, requires
a magisterial compendium that is just not economical to provide.

You can go to a programming Q&A forum, for example, and ask specific
questions about a piece of code, even elaborate ones, with many
dependent clauses.  But you can't realistically expect an answer if
you show up and say: "Teach me how to program, and furthermore, upon
doing so, teach me exactly how to implement this set of [non-trivial]
desiderata".  That would suggest a certain lack of pragmatism, or at
the very least, experience with such forums.

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC