[SR-Users] Memory usage problem in xmpp modules

Marius Zbihlei marius.zbihlei at 1and1.ro
Thu Jan 26 13:53:28 CET 2012

On 01/26/2012 02:34 PM, laura testi wrote:
> Hi Hennings,
> thanks a lot for your answer.
>
> I'm sending you other information about our Kamailio xmpp server.
>
> in attach the "sercmd cfg.set_now_int core mem_dump_shm" output.
>
> And here:
>
> kamctl fifo get_statistics | grep mem
>
> shmem:fragments = 13107
> shmem:free_size = 99724520
> shmem:max_used_size = 57559216
> shmem:real_used_size = 34493208
> shmem:total_size = 134217728
> shmem:used_size = 25651280
>
> Thanks an kind regards,
Hello,

This seems pretty low (and normal). Probably there are some problems
with external libraries (API) using malloc and not properly freeing
memory. This is not a problem with the library itself, but more with the
way the library is used. For example the libpcre library had this sort
of leak when used in the regex modules.

Look for external libraries (by checking the dependency list) for the
custom setup you have. Then, try to match every external library
instantiation(allocation) (via library method) to a corresponding
release of resources.

Cheers
Marius

--
Zbihlei Marius

Head of
Linux Development Services Romania

1&1 Internet Development srl    Tel KA: 754-9512
Str Mircea Eliade 18            Tel RO: +40-31-223-9512
Sect 1, Bucuresti               mailto: marius.zbihlei at 1and1.ro
71295, Romania