[SR-Users] New feature: embedded MSRP relay

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 09:59:10 CET 2012

Hello,

On 1/17/12 7:50 PM, Stoyan Mihaylov wrote:
> We use kamailio 3.2 and imsdroid to make videocalls, send messages
> etc. What we have to this moment is kamailio 3.2, rtpproxy, asterisk
> and modified imsdroid (for Android phones). Asterisk is used for
> billing and some other services.
> Imsdroid can send 2 kind of messages. One of them is called SMS and
> they can go directly using kamailio and rtpproxy. I can get logs and
> provide here as much as possible about this type of messages.

probably this is via MESSAGE requests, which is so called page-mode
instant messaging. Kamailio is enough to route them, no need for rtp
proxy or msrp relay. You can do a ngrep on the kamailio server and see
what sip requests are passing through.

> For other messages may be exactly something like MSRP is must. Doesn't
> matter what and how we do, best what we receive now is "attempt" to
> send message. Receiver receive notification and nothing more - neither
> user, nor content.

Also here, watching the sip traffic on the kamailio server with ngrep
should give leads about how it is done, if it is SIP at all. You can use
a command like:

ngrep -d any -qt -W byline port 5060

> We have lot of experience with Asterisk, but only few months with
> Kamailio and almost no experience with messages. May be we do
> something else wrong, but what I can do is using wireshark to post
> here some results.
> By the way - there are variants of imsdroid (with other names) for
> iPhone, and Windows - but with windows version we got bad results.
> Android version works very well.

Any linux/mac os x variant -- it is where I can test easily.

Thanks,
Daniel