[SR-Users] NoSQL Backends for Subscriber Database.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 22:09:07 CET 2012

Hello,

On 1/16/12 8:19 PM, David wrote:
> I was wondering if any NoSQL adapters are available for Kamailio to
> do  "subscriber authentication" backend?
>
> I was looking at Mongo or CouchDB as two possible backends
>
> Seems like these would be good candidates for Backends for Kamailio.
>
> Any ideas on this?
at this moment, there are connectors for memcached and redis, which are
nosql servers. They don't implement DB interface (to be a replacement
for db_mysql module, for example), but offer config file functions to
interact with nosql servers.

Then, for doing authentication, simply load only auth module, query the
db server via config functions and get the password in a variable and
use pv_*_authenticate(...) functions to achieve user authentication:

http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/devel/modules/auth.html#pv_www_authenticate

Of course, if you do the development of a new module to connect to such
server, implementing the db api might be more convenient and then use
auth_db module.

Btw, today it was announced availability in near future (see earlier
messages on this list) of cassandra connector, I don't know if it
implements db api or not, since it is not yet in the public repository.